Myriad 2020 Registrations
Register now for Myriad 2020!
Community Living Australia is once again hosting Myriad - our annual art exhibition, during the South Australian Living Arts Festival (SALA) this August.
SALA is an annual state-wide festival of visual art that promotes and celebrates the many talented visual artists in SA.
SALA parallels our own policy of inclusiveness and we're very proud to be providing artists with disability a platform to utilise their creativity in expressing their inner worlds.
Last year's exhibition at the Adelaide Convention Centre displayed over 100 pieces of art created by more than 60 artists with disability. All proceeds of art sales went directly to the artists.
This year, we plan to invite up to 100 artists to display up to 125 works of art. This will include five featured artists.
Any Community Living Australia client from any region is eligible, along with any person living with disability in South Australia.
To Register to be an artist in the event, simply click on the 'Register Now' button below.
Registrations are due by 1 May 2020 - to both participate and be a 'Featured Artist'.
The location for the 2020 Myriad exhibition is still to be confirmed. This will be advised as soon as possible.
Number of Artworks Permitted
Due to extremely popular demand, we will be capping the number of artworks each artist can enter in the exhibition to one. This is to ensure as many people as possible get the opportunity to take part in the exhibition.
Types of Artwork Permitted
Many types of artworks are permitted as part of the exhibition. However, there are some restrictions:
- We may not be able to permanently display sculpture artworks at the chosen main venue. We will potentially be able to display these during the official exhibition opening event, however, following the opening event all sculptures may need to be removed from the venue. If this is the case, all of the sculptures will instead be displayed as part of a separate sculpture and mosaic exhibition at a location yet to be determined.
- There is a weight restriction for the artworks of 5kg. Artwork must not exceed this weight.
- There is a size restriction for the artworks. Artworks must not be any larger than 2m in height and/or width.
- Mosaic artworks, like sculptures, may not be able to be permanently displayed at the chosen main venue. We will potentially be able to display these during the official exhibition opening event, however, following the opening event all mosaics may need to be removed from the venue. If this is the case, all of the mosaics will instead be displayed as part of a separate sculpture and mosaic exhibition at a location yet to be determined.
- Community Living Australia reserves the right to exclude any artwork from being part of the exhibition on these grounds.
- Special exceptions to these rules may be considered and granted upon request. If you have a particular project in mind that exceeds or breaches any of these guidelines please contact us to discuss the possibility of having it displayed as part of the exhibition.
There will be five ''featured artists', each allowed to display up to five artworks at the exhibition. You are required to apply in order to be considered for a position as a 'featured artist'.
To apply to become a 'featured artist' and display up to 5 artworks at the exhibition, you must complete the ‘Featured Artist Application Form’ - this can be accessed through the 'Apply to be a Featured Artist' button below.
Please note completing this application does not guarantee your position as a 'featured artist'. These applications will be assessed by the event team and you will be notified if successful.
All of the information you could require about participating in Myriad is contained in the 'Artist Guide' below. Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch.
3 August, 2020
To be confirmed