NDIS Funded Supports
What can be funded?
- daily assistance support
- transport, if deemed reasonable and necessary
- help to obtain or keep a job
- therapeutic supports, including behavioural support
- home support assistance
- assistive technology
- modifications to your home
- equipment to help you get around
- vehicle modifications to support disability
What is not funded?
- any support not related to your disability
- supports already funded in a different way, e.g. Medicare
- any cost that relates to general day-to-day living costs
What are reasonable and necessary supports?
Reasonable and necessary supports are funded by the NDIS in a range of areas, which may include education, employment, social participation, independence, living arrangements, and health and wellbeing. These supports will help:
- pursue goals, objectives and aspirations
- increase independence
- increase social and economic participation, and
- develop capacity to actively take part in the community