Work with a team that’s dedicated to making a real difference in the lives of people with disability. At Community Living Australia, our staff are so important in ensuring we provide quality, life changing services to people living with disability.
If you are passionate and want to make a real difference in the lives of people with disability, apply now!
Support Workers - All Regions
We are looking for enthusiastic and innovative Support Workers to join our teams across all our serviced regions.
- South East
- Southern Metro
- Kangaroo Island
The role will provide person centred active support to clients, maintain their wellbeing, explore opportunities and support their individual aims and goals.
Reporting to the Team Leader, your duties will include but won't be limited to:
- Daily tasks, activities and schedule to ensure a safe comfortable living environment, maintaining appropriate physical and emotional support to clients at all times
- Provide support and services to clients with the Person Centered Active Support model
- Encourage individuals living with a disability to be engaged in their own lives
- Assist clients with their personal health care and mobility needs
- Administer medication and undertake other health care interventions
- Assist in promoting a positive image of clients within the community
- Be an effective role model for clients and carry out all tasks and functions in accordance with relevant Standards, Codes, Policies and Procedures
- Work collaboratively with peers and colleagues to achieve client and organisational objectives
The successful candidate is required to meet the following minimum requirements:
- Certificate III in Disability (Individual Support) or equivalent
- Obtain and maintain DHS Disability Services Employment Screening
- Obtain and maintain DHS Working with Children Check
- Obtain and maintain Senior First Aid and CPR certificate
- Obtain and maintain Safe Environments for Children & Young People certificate
- Australian Class 1 Drivers License is preferred
- Use of Private Vehicle required in some services
Working effectively as part of a team, you will have the ability to follow instructions but also work productively with limited supervision. You will have a willingness to assist clients with their personal care needs and encourage clients to participate in program and community based programs.
All applicants must complete our Application for Employment Form by hitting "Apply Now"
For a confidential discussion regarding Support Worker positions, please contact the following:
South East (Mount Gambier) - Cynthia Gerritsen (Regional Coordinator) - 0400 502 925
Southern Metro - Tina Till (Director Client Services - 0428 788 058
Hills/Fleurieu - Sue Stuart (Regional Manager) - 0407 363 599
Riverland - Belinda Thompson (Regional Coordinator) - 0418 830 739
Murraylands - Molly Baulch (Regional Manager) - 0429 911 659
Kangaroo Island - Suzi Lines (Regional Coordinator) - 0417 892 149
31 December 2020