Community Living Australia is actively monitoring and planning the organisation’s response to the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.
The safety of clients, carers, families and employees is critically important to us. The strategies we are putting in place reflect this and are informed by expert advice.
What is Community Living Australia doing immediately?
To safeguard clients and employees, the following will occur from 23 March 2020 to minimise the risk of infection and cross infection (for example embracing social distancing).
- all Day Option services will be suspended until 3 April 2020 (pending any further updates). Planned service breaks will continue as originally scheduled
- all non-critical In-Home Support, Community Participation, and Recreation Services will be suspended until 3 April 2020 (pending further updates)
- Respite services are suspended until further notice
- our offices will be closed to external visitors (contact will continue by phone and email)
Accommodation services and all critical supports will continue.
We will be working with clients and families directly to identify critical and non-critical support this week.
Other strategies currently being undertaken include:
- we will continue to follow health guidelines regarding self-isolation and social distancing
- we are monitoring and working closely with regulators and health authorities to ensure we are acting on the most up-to-date information
- regular updates will be provided to clients, employees and stakeholders on the virus, good hygiene, infection control and Community Living Australia’s response to any developments
- we are identifying any clients who may be at heightened risk of infection and will be providing them with support
- a freeze on new services will be effective immediately
- additional Personal Protective Equipment is being sourced
- 3 weeks’ supply of essential products are being sourced for critical services
- all employees are being re-trained in infection control
- we will continue to recruit new support workers
- we will be undertaking additional cleaning of our sites
- a dedicated COVID-19 response team has been established to respond to any enquiries regarding the virus. This team will be available to contact from Monday 23 March
Coronavirus Health Information Line
Call this number if you are seeking information on novel coronavirus. This line operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Phone: 1800 020 080.
Call this number to speak to a registered nurse about your health concerns. The hotline is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Phone: 1800 022 222.
Community Living Australia
If you have any questions regarding COVID-19 and Community Living Australia’s response, please contact the COVID-19 Response Team on 8536 5881 or email firstname.lastname@example.org from Monday 23 March 2020. In the interim, please contact your Team Leader if you have any questions.
We are living in uncertain times. We understand that people may be frustrated by the decisions made – they have not been made lightly. The measures Community Living Australia is taking is to ensure critical services can continue as we safeguard our clients, carers and employees.